|* Greg Taylor was a CASA Level 5 official who made significant contributions to the operation of SSO (See below) for which he
received the Cliff Lumsdon award in 2011.
* Greg (Centre) is seen here with the Honorable Mr David Eke, Lord Mayor of the Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake (NOTL), and John Scott at the dedication of a new and expanded Plaque in 2011 at NOTL.
* 2004-2015: Member of the SSO Board of Directors.
* 2005-2015: President of SSO.
* Registered SSO Swim Master along with his wife Christine.
* 2011: Received the SSO Cliff Lumsdom award for his extensive services to SSO.
* 2011: Greg, John Scott and Colleen Shields had worked together and with the local Niagara-on-the-Lake council and Riverside Brass to create an impressive new and expanded plaque at NOTL to celebrate all of the Lake Ontario crossings from-or-to Toronto.
* A Special point of pride for Greg came on 14th August 2003, when his son Gregg, at age 19y 218d, became the youngest male swimmer to cross Lake Ontario in a time of 19:23.
* His son's swim and its interactions with SSO led to Greg's subsequent 11 years of dedicated service with SSO.
Below Greg is seen at the 2011 SSO Awards ceremonies in NOTL.
* In the left image Greg is seen with his SSO Vice President John Potocska.
* In the right image, Greg makes an award to Terry Bolton for his special Volunteer services to SSO "by generously providing his considerable boating experience, nautical skills and sage guidance".
SSO Home Page | Cliff Lumsdon Award | NOTL Plaque | Contact WebMaster
Created: 15th August 2019
Last Updated: 21st August 2019